Alright, folks, mark your calendars because the Rugby World Cup quarter-finals are upon us! On Sunday, October 15th, prepare for a showdown of epic proportions as South Africa’s Springboks take on France’s Les Bleus. We’re not just talking rugby here; we’re talking fierce competition, roaring fans, and a cocktail that’ll make your taste buds do the Haka. Say hello to the “Bleu Skies Ahead” cocktail, starring our mischievously delicious South African rum Innocent Spirits Cold Brew Coffee Rum.
- 45ml Innocent Spirits Cold Brew Coffee Rum
- 15ml Cointreau (French orange liqueur, because why not?)
- 15ml Crème de Cassis (French blackcurrant liqueur, très chic)
- 30ml Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (because citrus is life)
- Ice Cubes (the cooler, the better)
- Lemon Twist or Orange Zest (fancy garnish, anyone?)
- Grab your cocktail shaker and throw in a handful of ice cubes.
- Pour in the Innocent Spirits Cold Brew Coffee Rum, followed by the Cointreau, Crème de Cassis, and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Now, let’s shake it like you’re celebrating a last-minute try. Shake until you’re thinking, “Is this too much shaking?” It’s not.
- Strain that delightful concoction into a chilled martini or coupe glass because we’re fancy.
- Top it off with a lemon twist or a thin strip of orange zest because presentation is key, darling.
Why “Bleu Skies Ahead”?
This cocktail is an ode to rugby, a game where heroes are made, and legends are born. Just like the Springboks and Les Bleus, our “Bleu Skies Ahead” South African rum cocktail is a delightful mix of the unexpected. It’s South African swagger meeting French finesse, resulting in a sip that’s as unpredictable as a blindside flanker on a breakaway run.
As you settle in with your fellow rugby fanatics to cheer on your team, raise a glass of “Bleu Skies Ahead” and toast to the camaraderie of the game. Because, let’s face it, rugby is more than just a sport; it’s a wild, thrilling, and sometimes bonkers journey that brings people together. Allez les Bleus! Go Bokke! Drink South African rum!